greencentaur

Personally, I chose green to symbolize the nature of journalism:fresh and new, journalists can be compare to centaurs:tame but wild;eager but preserve. greencentaur is a professional blog for journalism-inclined people. This blog aims to inspire, guide, and give new insights, stories from the bloggers. It also invites practitioners to use this blog to share their experiences in the world of journalism. Greencentaur just creates a new path for all who wants to join the journalism world.

Monday, July 10, 2006

The Return of Superman!

I sometimes get tired of journalism. I sometimes get weary of following some politicians, feeling-like-celebrity people and other important figures for an interview valuable to my stories I make. How I imagine how complicated to run after some busy people just ton clarify different issues for the people to know what is really the story. I sometimes experienced to interview bigheaded and short-tempered interviewees. In these kind of situations when things are becoming more complicated, I just have to extend the limit of my patience to make our conversation smooth and professional. The waste of time waiting for someone no matter what the weather is is a burden I just have to survive just to get the fruit of my story. My spirit as an aspiring journalist fades little by little.
When I happened to watch the movie “Superman Returns” last week, it brought change in me. The leading lady in the movie is a Pulitzer awardee journalist. She has all the personalities that a journalist should have; aggressive, strong and powerful. Her eagerness to know behind the “black-out issue” in the story inspires me again to finish what I have started in the world of journalism. Despite of the contradictions she received from her editor in covering that black-out issue, she did not stop to dig information and data about it. The inspiration I got in the film is that even the best journalist still experienced hard time in gathering news and difficult time in dealing with other people. The film somehow uplifts my spirit as an aspiring journalist because of the conflicts I saw in the film. I realized that I have still more to experience in this world where everybody is persevere, patient and has enough courage to accept his/her fate as a journalist. After all, superman is SUPER to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home