greencentaur

Personally, I chose green to symbolize the nature of journalism:fresh and new, journalists can be compare to centaurs:tame but wild;eager but preserve. greencentaur is a professional blog for journalism-inclined people. This blog aims to inspire, guide, and give new insights, stories from the bloggers. It also invites practitioners to use this blog to share their experiences in the world of journalism. Greencentaur just creates a new path for all who wants to join the journalism world.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Just comments...

It's not for me to criticize the evening news show of channel 2 ( ABS-CBN),which is Bandila, since I did not have the chances to watch it for several times. Baguio City was hit by strong typhoon last week so I did not able to go to my neighbor to watch Bandila. Unfortunately, we do not have television in our boarding house.
Before the typhoon came, I happened to watch Bandila once. It was about news. Bandila was hosted by anchors Korina Sanchez, Ces Drilon and Henry Omaga Dias. The anchors presented the news accurately and effectively. Their credibilities as news anchors added to the credibility of their program. They gave comments in-between news reports. Their program became news/commentary program.
For me their in-between comments made their show boring because as a televiewer, I am not interested on their comments. I also do not care about their sides. All I am after is the whole story of the news so I have no interests on what they say on the issues. Another thing,I was expecting late news in the program, but I was disappointed. Most news were already aired in the earlier news programs of the channel.
I also expecting some exciting and extraordinary news to be featured in that program so it might get my attention and to waken me up in some way, that's why it is late night news program. Personally I found Bandila as a boring late news program. it would suit during earlier schedule because of its content and style. It is not exciting and worthy to watch during sleepy hours. Besides it seems like the program is very much scripted in some ways like the comments made by the anchors in-between the news story. It felt like they just reading from a sript all what they say. Another thing is that during those hours which all people are sleeping and hurrying to got to bed, as a televiewer I want more straight news program where I could feel the rush delivery yet accurate news reports rather than news/commentary program.
For me, Bandila is not that interseting and worthy to watch compared to other late night programs like Imbestigador or Reporter's Notebook or the likes. Bandila delivers news accurately, but not fresh. It is not suitable to be aired fduring late hours because it may bore the televiewers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home