greencentaur

Personally, I chose green to symbolize the nature of journalism:fresh and new, journalists can be compare to centaurs:tame but wild;eager but preserve. greencentaur is a professional blog for journalism-inclined people. This blog aims to inspire, guide, and give new insights, stories from the bloggers. It also invites practitioners to use this blog to share their experiences in the world of journalism. Greencentaur just creates a new path for all who wants to join the journalism world.

Monday, August 28, 2006

It Was Not Easy...

It's not easy to be an environmental journalist. That was I found out. Two weeks ago, I had to surf in the internet to research on the environmental issues circling in Baguio City. It was a class requirement to come up with an environmental news article. That wasn't the first time. The first time I did was about the landslide incident occured along Magsaysay Road. Our teacher criticized our works and he really did it well. The problem in my news article was the organization of the facts I gathered. The transitions of my story was muddled. Although I interviewed my sources personally, I had the problem of using what I got since I did not know where to start. The single sentence in each paragraph in my story was also criticized. I realized that it was not the journalistic style of writing.
The second time was about tree-cutting in Baguio City to prevent further pests infestations that caused the death of many trees in the city. There were previous stories about it, which I utilized as background of my news story. I also did interview my sources and I got many information from them. The problem was my syntax and the flow of the story. I also thought that my story had a weak slant. The lead was also frail.
With these experiences, I realized that it is so hard to deal with the environment.It is not really easy to find a good environmental issue that would catch the attention of the readers. In addition, it is so tough to write the story after data gthering. The thought solution for this is practice, practice, practice..?..Although it is so difficult to deal with accuracy, I'll leave myself with no choice. Journalism is dealing with accuracy, and so I will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home